Our secondary system design engineers produce Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) procedures, as well as commissioning plans which are developed specifically in accordance with the project scope of works as part of the design process.
Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
Before equipment is sent to site, a full series of Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) are conducted and comprehensive FAT documentation is produced. The Factory Acceptance Tests range from general wiring tests through to full functional testing of relays/logic and communications back to a SCADA master station simulator. As part of the FAT procedure, the secondary drawings are also revised to factory "As built" prior to issuing for final construction.
Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
Our engineers lead the testing teams to ensure that the installed equipment meets the design requirements. A full series of Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) are conducted and comprehensive SAT documentation is produced which is made available to the client prior to energisation of equipment.
We have vast experience in the commissioning of HV substations and switchyards including the critical aspects of secondary circuit isolations in existing substations.
Testing Service include:
- Protection relay and scheme testing upgrades
- Power station generation control testing and upgrades
- Medium and low voltage switchboard testing
- High voltage motor and generator testing
- High voltage substation testing
- Transformer testing
- AC and DC pressure testing of power cables
- Current Transformer & Voltage Transformer testing and upgrades
- High and medium voltage cable testing
- Substation batteries and charger testing
- Surge arrester testing
- Busbar inspection and testing
- Power factor correction system testing
- Power generation online and offline testing
- Medium and low voltage circuit breaker testing
- Earth testing and surveys